Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to this new concept blog. An outgrowth of my Beat and angst-induced poetry on city life over at Academian Tremens, this blog will hopefully act as a place of discovery for me. A visually creative haven. A public service of style.

I work in the Loop in Chicago as a recent college grad entry level desk jockey. I don't make the most money, but I make a living and I have discovered a new sense of style while in the city. Becoming an adult, I've learned the contours of my body and I continue to learn how to dress them. Within a budget. I quickly tired of perusing fashion blogs whose inspirations were pieces that I would not be able to afford in this time of my life (or possibly ever). I wanted to create ensembles whose pieces were under $50 (excepting outerwear) (and sometimes shoes).


As a personal creative endeavor, I have created this blog as a place where I can challenge myself to recreate classic looks with low price-tags. Let's play virtual paper dolls! I will attempt to make at least two outfits per week. Have any ideas of new challenges? Please message me!

Inspiration: I adore the minimal, retro styles of Nouvelle Vague's leading ladies. I am consistently drawn to bop musicians and their contemporaries. I long for another era and have often been told I belong in an earlier time. These classic styles will draw on mostly the 50s and 60s.

Well, without further ado, allons-y!


No comments:

Post a Comment